Wednesday 22 April 2009

My Favorite Quote of All Time

"You might have married him not because you loved him, but because you didn't love anybody else. When one is young, one marries out of mere curiosity, just to see what it's like."
The Philanderer by George Bernard Shaw
lebih tepatnya, not just because I loved him, but also because I couldn’t love anybody else. 


"Every murderer is probably somebody's old friend," observed Poirot philosophically. "You cannot mix up sentiment and reason."
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

"These words are razors to my wounded heart."
Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare

"I carry my own church about under my own hat," said I. "Bricks and mortar won't make a staircase to heaven. I believe with your Master that the human heart is the best temple."Sir Arthur Conan DoyleThe Stark Munro Letters

"Hot hate is twin brother to hot love."Sir Arthur Conan DoyleSir Nigel

"Crime is common. Logic is rare."Sir Arthur Conan DoyleThe Adventure of the Copper Beeches

"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."Sir Arthur Conan DoyleThe Boscombe Valley Mystery

Airplanes may kill you, but they ain't likely to hurt you.
Satchel Paige

I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.
W. C. Fields

I would talk in iambic pentameter if it were easier.
Howard Nemerov
Iambic deretan pertentangan bunyi lemah dan keras
Pentameter sanjak bersuku lima

I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
Carl Sandburg

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
George Carlin

Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
Clifford Stoll

In films murders are always very clean. I show how difficult it is and what a messy thing it is to kill a man.
Alfred Hitchcock

I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.
Pablo Picasso

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
Michelangelo

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
Maya Angelou

Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.
Phyllis Diller

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.
Mark Twain

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
Henry Ford

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.
Lord Acton

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

On my signal, unleash hell (spoken by Russell Crowe – Gladiator)

The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.
Albert Einstein

The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows.
Aristotle Onassis

I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for - getting paid for doing what you love.
Tiger Woods

When I look to the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes – Oprah Winfrey

I am realistic. I expect miracles – Wayne Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment